Housing Resources

Welcome to the online resident resource center of the Oshkosh and Winnebago County Housing Authority Scattered Site Public Housing Program. Residents of our scattered site programming who reside in our agency's 2-5 bedroom homes, townhomes and duplexes can find forms, policy information, and tools on this page to help them succeed in their home.

Note the resources on this page are not applicable to residents in Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher or Cumberland Court programs.

Much of the Scattered Site interaction with your property manager can be done digitally and by email. Make sure you have reported your current email address to the Housing Authority, and then be sure to check your email regularly. If you are not seeing your manager's emails, be sure to first save the email as a contact and safe sender, and then check other filter boxes for any missed emails.
1. Reporting Changes in Income, Assets, Household Composition, etc.


FORM QUICK LINK B:CHANGE REPORT FORM Editable (save document, open on your computer, fill in report, save completed version, and email to HA)


Residents are required to report all changes to their household within seven (7) calendar days. Reporting must be typed or written, and can be submitted via email, fax, mail or hand delivered.

This reporting includes (but is not limited to):

i. any change in employer or employment income;

ii. change in benefits such as child support, W2, Social Security;

iii. any newly opened or closed bank accounts or asset accounts such as a 401k retirement account or life insurance;

iv. addition of a new baby (addition of other household members must first be approved);

v. move out of a household member;

vi. starting or stopping of school for any household member age 18 and older;

vii. any change to your child care co-pay if you are receiving an allowance credit;

viii. or any other change related to income, assets, household composition, adult schooling, child care expense, and related.


When reporting changes, be sure to include all household changes and all important information about the change. For example, if you start a new job, be sure to report:

i. Name, Address, and Phone Number for your employer.

ii. If you have worked with one person who can help verify, provide their name, title, phone and email address.

iii. How many hours per week and what your hourly wage rate is.

iv. Are there any anticipated changes in hours or pay, such as seasonal work, overtime work, or other?

v. Will you receive any retirement benefits?

vi. What is your start date?

vii. Did a previous job end as part of this change? If yes, provide your last day of work and your last pay date.br>


Use one of the following methods to report your change:

i. Complete the CHANGE REPORT FORM and return via email, mail or using the office drop box. By clicking on CHANGE REPORT FORM, you will be taken to an online folder that includes many important Scattered Site forms

ii. Send an email with the change information. Please review the CHANGE REPORT FORM to ensure that you are providing all of the needed information in your reporting.

iii. Mail in or use the office drop box to submit a typed and legible, hand-written letter providing all of the needed information about the change.

iv. Have a representative from the agency / employer you are working with send reporting directly to the Housing Authority


1. Email your property manager or Housing Specialist. The email contact is listed on most letters you have received, as well as the manager's business card.

2. Mail to:
Oshkosh/Winnebago County Housing Authority
PO Box 0397;
Oshkosh, WI 54903

3. Fax to 920.424.1474. Use a cover sheet that states who the fax is from and what staff person you want it to go to.

4. Drop off in person at:
-- Oshkosh: 600 Merritt Avenue, Oshkosh. The drop box is located inside of the first set of doors using the southwest entrance (near the circle drive).
-- Menasha: 265 Kaukauna, Menasha. Use the mail slot to the right of the front door.

Whenever mailing, dropping off in person, or faxing, make sure you are very clear who the documents are from and what staff person you need them to go to.#

2. Adding Household Member

Prior to adding any new members to the household, you must first be approved for additional members and the new members must be eligible.


Follow the appropriate add-member guide below for your situation:

i. Your newborn baby:

The Housing Authority does not restrict the addition of your newborn, though certain documentation is required. Please follow Coming 9/2021 Add New Born Baby Guide for the documents that should be submitted.

ii. New minor (any add-member under age 18 with exception to your own newborn baby born within the last 12 months: Information coming 9/2021

iii. New adult (any add-member age 18 or older):
- Follow the directions in the Add Adult Member Guide.
- The required documents referenced in the guide CAN BE FOUND HERE.


When submitting documentation related to adding a member, it is very important for you to clearly indicate that this documentation is for an add-member application to your current household.

Due the large volume of documents included in an add-member application, please submit in person or via mail (unless you are familiar with online file storage programs such as dropbox or google drive):

1. Mail to:

Oshkosh/Winnebago County Housing Authority
PO Box 0397;
Oshkosh, WI 54903

2. Drop off in person at:

-- Oshkosh: 600 Merritt Avenue, Oshkosh. The drop box is located inside of the first set of doors using the southwest entrance (near the circle drive).

-- Menasha: 265 Kaukauna, Menasha. Use the mail slot to the right of the front door.

3. Digital: If you wish to send digitally, please set up an online file storage folder such as Drop Box or Google Drive and upload all documents.

Then email your property manager and invite them to share the folder. Upon receipt and access, your property manager will confirm that the documents have been received and downloaded. At that time, it is recommended that you permanently delete your files from the online file storage program for security purposes. #

3. Windows, Screens, Window Coverings, and Window Access Requirements

Questions about windows arise frequently, and the HA has numerous window-related provisions that residents agree to follow detailed in their lease, resident handbook, and program handouts.


We have developed the Unit Windows, Screens, Access, Coverings, and Air Conditioners Guide to provide guidance on most matters related to windows.

Policy and expectations related to windows is extremely important, and the HA works hard to monitor and enforce compliance. Further, many of these provisions are mandated by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), and are monitored through HUD's regular site inspections (known as REAC).

The goals of these window-related provisions are:

a. Improved safety for residents, their possessions, and the HA building systems.

b. Maintaining a clean, healthy and attractive living space for our residents.

c. Reducing costly damages and extending the life of our windows and frames.

d. Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.


If you have a wall sleeve in your unit (most often located in your living room), you are prohibited from utilizing an air conditioning unit in a unit window.

Read the Air Conditioning Wall Sleeve Guide to learn about they best type of air conditioner, how to install, how to weatherize, and other important recommendations.#